Dining Room
Pocket Door to Dining Room
Butler's Pantry and Swing Door to Dining Room
Kitchen
Stairs
Window on Landing
Upstairs Hall
Master Bedroom

Another Bedroom
Another Bedroom
It's quite the house - old knob and tube wiring and old fixtures. Our electrician offered to do all electrical work in exchange for the fixtures. He was serious in that offer. As tempting as a financial savings that would be, I just can't bear to let them go. There's alot of work ahead of us. Roof, furnace, and wiring all need fixing/replacement. The floors need to be refinished as they were only done around the outside of the rooms (or what was seen around a rug and not under the center floor rug).
Need to finish packing - moving on Friday. Yikes.
4 comments:
Wow - gorgeous. I love older homes. There's always some repair to be made but they have tons more personality.
The pink girly walls remind me of a condo I bought when my son was 16. Before I repainted, 'His' room was lilac with Barbie wallpaper. I told him, 'one false move and Barbie comes back'. Maybe that's why he was easier to deal with than most teenagers! :)
Great house!
I'm interested in your comment about Sarah Palin's political experience on Jean's blog. The only references I find cite only her 12 years as city councilwoman, mayor and governor. Can you direct me to your sources. I find her candidacy truly scary. I love Ann Richard's daughter Cecile's comment: "Women voting for Palin is like chickens voting for Col. Sanders".
Susie in Tx
Wow, does this bring back memories! My grandmother's house had those lovely pillar things between the front parlor and the living room. And my mother told me years ago that during the '20s and '30s most people did not own their homes, they rented. And they used rugs, not wall-to-wall carpeting. So floors were varnished or painted only around the edges where the rug wasn't.
And regarding your earlier post on small town living: years ago, my husband, who slept in the nude, went out in his shortie robe to get the newspaper at the end of the driveway. Just as he bent over to pick it up, the police chief drove by and honked.
Good call on keeping the fixtures, Kate. They're fabulous. A dining room and a butler's pantry--I'm jealous. I just hate my eat-in kitchen.
The only missing piece of info: do you have a spare bedroom or a large walk-in closet to house the stash?
Post a Comment