Friday, October 31, 2008

BOO!

This has been a week of late nights - made even more late when I'd come home and then stay up into the witching hours working on these projects.





I'm really happy with how the pumpkins turned out this year. It's the first year I've used patterns. My drawing skills suck, haven't improved since preschool, well, let's just say I should have sent for my free drawing test from the Art Instruction School when I had the chance.

Last year after Halloween, I picked up a little pumpkin carving set on clearance. The pattern of the flying witch is from a book that came with the carving tools. (And let's have no jokes out there about that one being a self-portrait!) The Headless Horseman is a free pattern found online. (If you've seen Disney's version of the story of Ichabod Cran, then you'll recognize the pattern as the flaming "head" the headless horseman carries.)

We did not get as many trick or treaters coming to the door as I had expected - there will be a LOT of candy going to the office on Monday.

Hope you all had a good Halloween.

As for me, I need to lie down until the sugar high subsides. OK, maybe just one more bite-size Butterfinger.

No comments: