Saturday, September 12, 2009

Guilty Pleasures

So the other day, there was a little yellow slip in the mail that said the post delivery person had tried to deliver a package. I picked up the package the next day on my way to work. That package sat in my office taunting me all day. Only the fact that I was in-and-out all day kept me from tearing into it.

My heart did a little Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced Bou-quet) skip when I saw the postal label. Royal mail.



The excitement builds! The package is from Woolbird (Zoe) as part of the Guilty Pleasures/Good Karma swap.


Can you believe the bounty?


The card she sent is a magnet.


The cats wouldn't leave the package alone, so before I could look at everything in the package, I had to hand out the catnip mice Zoe sent.



Sheep clips!


Montezuma's No. 1 Blend Real Chocolate for Drinking.


Cedarwood & Lemon and Orange Spice handmade soap from Saffron Barr.


She made a beautiful felted envelope in which she placed...


the earrings and stitch markers she also made!


She also made this cowl. (Before taking this photo, I had no idea how hard it is to take a photo of one's self.)


Aren't the colors gorgeous?


The pattern in relief against a window.


And we're still not done!

This is her own handspun - Falkland wool 3 ply with gold thread. It's gorgeous greens, reds, browns with gold specks shining through. Any ideas for patterns worthy of this yarn?


The next is Cariad Yarn's Flimstone Bay in color Celebrate - 80% lambswool, 10% angora, and 10% cashmere.


This is Yummy Yarns UK's Alpaca/Lambswool in color Cuddle Up - a beautiful 4 ply fingering.


This is Posh Yarn's Sylvia in color Ragtime - 50% merino and 50% silk. I can't even begin to describe the colors. Wow!


She also sent an issue of Yarn Forward Magazine and a brochure on Jane Austen's Winchester. Now I've another city on my list of places I'd like to visit.

4 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

Fabulous spoilage! I am covetous of the sheep clips in particular. :)

-va- said...

OOO baby! I need to make some friends/connections like this! Tell me how to find these swap groups...It looks like great fun!

Cheers mate!

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

Awesome package! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooh there's a lot of covetable yarn there!