Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Outside the Haus

We are a long ways from the Haus. About a 20 hour drive west of the Haus - Helena, Montana to be specific- to be with DH's brother, SIL, and 2 nephews. There is nothing like having a three-and-a-half year old wake you up because IT'S CHRISTMAS!

At this point in our stay, I have no pictures of the kids that are not blurred. This was the best of the photos so far - taken in the dark while they are momentarily not in motion emptying their stockings.



This was about 17 hours into our drive, somewhere west of Sheridan, Wyoming. I was surprised that we have so much more snow in Wisconsin than here.



Even though we are not at home for Christmas, we still got a tree last weekend. Here are two of my favorite ornaments. The first I received after my maternal grandmother passed away. I had no idea she had made ornaments from pictures of her grandchildren. I won't say how old this ornament is. I think I was about 3-4 years old in this photo.



The second is a crown made by my mother for the top of our tree.





The cats were particularly helpful in the run-up to Christmas, helping with both wrapping gifts





and decorating the tree.



Wherever you are and however you celebrate this time of light returning, I hope your day has been filled with joy and love, family and friends, good food and drinks and, of course, fiber.

1 comment:

Martha0051 said...

Merry Christmas! Safe travels back to the Haus.