Sunday, November 27, 2011

Shhhh, It's A Surprise

I'd like to show you what I've been furiously knitting on since I finished the baby blanket, but the item is a gift - made from the recipient's own yarn and I'm not sure whether she reads this blog.

Here's a tease -


Every month I get together with a group of knitters and we decided to do a "brown bag swap" for December. In October, each person came to our gathering with a brown paper bag which included yarn and a slip of paper with their name on it. We then each picked a bag (other than our own, of course), and set off knitting. I picked Hmmmm-Hmmmmmmm's name and this project, while deceptively simple, has given me all the problems a deceptively simple pattern can. I've frogged it three times. I've finally gotten to the point where I've improved on keeping my row count (crucial on this pattern). But I've now reached the point where the item is growing, but the ball of yarn doesn't seem to shrink.

AND I've got more yarn that I wanted to make another item from but I'm not about to start until I've finished the first item.

The deadline is December 9th.

Think I'll make it?

No comments: