Have you ever read the fine print on the packaging your needles came in when you purchased them?
I didn't even realize there was fine print.
In fact, it's not just fine print, but a warning.
I hope you're qualified to wield those knitting implements.
And I quote, "This needle or item should be used only for the purpose it was designed for: NEEDLE WORK.
If used improperly and or by untrained persons this tool may cause bodily harm. Always use caution and store your tools in a safe place inaccessible in particular to children."
A few thoughts come to mind as I read that warning:
How much training do I need before I'm qualified to use these needles?
I think of my cross stitch as "needle work" but not my knitting. Do you put knitting in the category of "needle work"?
"May cause bodily harm" makes me feel like Ralphie in A Christmas Story - "you'll shoot your eye out, kid".
Are Addi Turbos intrinsically more dangerous than other needles? Should they be licensed? James Bond, licensed to knit.
In my line of work, "bodily harm" is an element of a crime. This wording sounds more like part of a script from CSI: Special Knitters Unit.
Thank goodness yarn doesn't come with a warning label.
Then again, maybe it should.
What would your yarn warning label say?
Monday, October 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is brilliant!
Post a Comment