Sunday, February 17, 2008

Knit Out - Day 2

After partaking of a breakfast of champions...



We didn't hang around MOA very long today. We ran across these knitting celebrities.

Nicky Epstein.


Annie Modesitt.


Vickie Howell.


Hazel Tindall (in the fair isle) and Maureen (in the aran).



Interesting trivia - Hazel's husband was a pro footballer before being sidelined by injuries. Does this mean that Hazel is a Footballer Wife?

Maureen and I walked the aisles where the knit out "vendors" had booths. The largest vendors were Bernat, Caron, Red Heart and Lion Brand. Enough said. We did not join in the lines waiting to file past those booths - some women were waiting for an hour in line in order to get a tote bag or a pair of size 19 inch wooden needles or some lighted needles. I was disappointed that the Interweave Press and Vogue Knitting booths didn't have anything to show other than their magazines or recent books. Now if I'm going to get swag, I'd like the high-end stuff, please.

Well, Maureen and I did get swag - but it wasn't the free kind. We headed out on the early afternoon for stops at The Yarnery where Maureen picked up her tickets for the Harlot's talk on April 10th. I was quite restrained and purchased only a Beth Brown Reinsel aran pattern. Maureen...well...let's just say what happens in the LYS stays in the LYS. All I can tell you is that she's already emailed her husband that I, as the driver of the car, am to blame for her purchases. And to be fair, I am quite the enabler.

We then headed to Borealis Yarn - a favorite stop. I was less restrained here.

Pictures of swag to follow as Blogger is being difficult tonight.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Great Pictures! Glad to see Maureen is looking so well and sporting a new aran. I bet you two had a great time and can not wait to hear about the purchases.

Anonymous said...

Great to see Maureen in your pictures of knitting celebrities. Who was that with her, again?

Anonymous said...

That's right, one knitter never rats out another knitter. It's in the code.

Sounds like you had a good time, you fiber snob, you.

Anonymous said...

Having been shopping with Maureen on her visits to the UK I can just imagine what she got up to!

Looking forward to see more photos