But, in all fairness, we've had a lot to moan about this winter. The snow fall total for this season is 80 inches - more is in the forecast for this weekend - and winter is far from over. Snow in May is not unheard of in these parts. The wind chill tomorrow morning is expected to be -20. I'd cry, but I'm afraid my eyelids will freeze shut.
Usually by this time in February the street are filled with filthy slush and the snow on the sides of the road is an ugly gray - the drab gray of mid-winter Moscow in Dr. Zhivago. The only positive aspect about having snow storm after snow storm is everywhere you look there is the white of newly fallen snow, reminiscent of the ice castle at Varykino.
Some projects currently on the needles and keeping my fingers warm -
The first - another rib scarf. I always have one of these on the needles for mindless knitting. The yarn is Big Baby from Alpaca with A Twist. I love the color. There are red, blue and purple fibers blended with the brown.
The second is the geometric scarf from the scarf book of Vogue Knitting on the Go series. Click on it to see the detail.
The third project is Evelyn Clark's Paws To Remember scarf from Fiber Trends. The yarn is the Malagbrigo lace weight.
This may get ripped back - I'm not sure if I like the resulting fabric or if I need to go up a needle size.
This weekend your intrepid blogger again heads NORTH(!) to meet up with a friend at the Knit Out in the climate-controlled, commercial vastness of the Mall of America.
The travel essentials - my knitting projects and camera - are already packed.
No comments:
Post a Comment