Today was spent doing a bit of this and a bit of that - some tidying up (ho hum), some knitting, some work (blah), and ending the day with a great movie and a Thai dinner (yum!). I can highly recommend In Bruges. (Rolling Stone review here.) Next on my list to see are Married Life, The Band's Visit, and The Counterfeiters. Last night DH and I watched the DVD of Good Night and Good Luck. Very interesting film - and with scary parallels between the McCarthy era and the current administration. Strange how 50 years later the labels of unamerican and unpatriotic are still bandied about and placed on anyone who questions those in authority.
OK, I'll step down from the soapbox and into the knitting bag.
This may appear to some to be a repetition of prior blog entry, but no. I actually finished the second Estonian Lullaby Baby Blanket today. I'm not too late as the baby who will receive this blanket was born in late December. (As slow as I knit, I'm just happy the kid isn't walking yet.) I tried to finish it last night - but by 2:30 a.m. my hands were aching, my eyes were bleary, I'd hit that seemingly endless garter stitch border, and I was having my Scarlett O'Hara knitting moment - "as god is my witness, I shall never knit with cotton again!" Oh, my aching hands! But I gotta admit - the result looks pretty good.
I also finished a Mistake Rib Scarf
and a Farrow Rib Scarf.
The photo shoot took a bit longer this afternoon as my assistant was more a hindrance than help.
The assistants at the Stash Haus are SO demanding.
1 comment:
Thanks for the movie suggestions. One I recently watched and can recommend highly is The Lives of Others.
One I didn't enjoy as much as everyone else seemed to was Knocked Up. I just wanted to knock heads together and scream, "grow up!" I must be getting old.
Post a Comment