Aside from not going into the stash closet, remaining woefully ignorant of the contents of the stash, mowing the lawn, and shoveling snow, DH has only one other permanent job around here - to clean the litter boxes. I am sorry to report that he is not faithful in his duties, to say the least. We have flushable litter and when the boxes get into Day 2 with no cleaning, there's much "buried treasure" so to speak. When this happens, rather than flushing a little bit each time until all is disposed of, DH dumps in the whole kittencaboodle (haha!). He still has to flush repeatedly, so I don't know why he thinks his process is saving any water or time.
Last night his luck ran out and our toilet revolted. His penance was having to wait for the plumber to arrive today. The plumber said he'd never dealt with a worse clog. Whether the expense of the plumber will cause DH to change his ways remains to be seen. One can only hope. Sigh.
Be thankful I didn't take before and after pictures. Our bathroom would have been condemned by the health department.
Now, what does attain the highest level on the excite-o-meter 'round here is Knitting Camp. I've been breathlessly awaiting to find out whether I had been accepted. I was having nightmares, nightmares, I tell you!
First dream - long, involved dream, but in part of it, DH and I are let into the back room of a fancy jewelry store. The back room is FULL of collectibles. I find on a bookshelf an out-of-print EZ book that's priced at $362. DH is appalled that I want to purchase it. I tell him, "Are you kidding? On Ebay and Amazon, you can't find this book for less than $600! They obviously don't know what they have here!" Also on the shelf is an EZ family photo album. I really want to purchase this, bring it to camp, give it to Meg, thereby earning her undying gratitude and a permanent spot at Knitting Camp.
Second dream - for some reason Meg comes to my house (which looks like the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island) to meet my whole family, all of whom are acting like they've just been released from a mental institution and have all gone off their meds at the same time. Meg has a look on her face - a look that I'd imagine Queen Elizabeth would have if she were ever at a rave party or a cheap strip club in Vegas - but of course she is much too polite to comment on the family antics. I'm appalled and running around, trying to pretend the situation is not as crazy as it seems, panicking that my family is ruining, absolutely RUINING any chances of getting into camp.
The nightmares are over - and I'm in! I can only imagine the same type of thrill goes through any actor when they get a call saying they're nominated for an Oscar or any chemist or physicist when they get the call from Sweden about that peace prize.
So I leave you with a non-knitting foretaste of camp. I haven't had them since camp 2 years ago.
What's in the bag?
Hmmm, could it be...
yes, it's cheese curds!
5 comments:
Dang you are funny! I do not know which scene I liked best the store or vacation home both priceless. We will have to meet Brian someday just so we can ask him if all the stories you tell are true....oops I guess that will never happen.
No, Meg, it's not a bobble, it's a cheese curd!
Wow, knitting camp, how exciting! But I'm horrified at the idea of cheese curds - please tell me they taste better than they look!
Have you made it clear to hubby that the plumber's bill is coming out of his discretionary funds, and will not your camp & yarn fund?
I just learned that boiling water will dissolve many toilet clogs.
I've never tried it with cat litter.
Maybe your husband should try it in a cheap disposable bucket as an experiment.
Post a Comment