Plus you get to step out onto the back patio and see the local wildlife.
This past Friday, I stopped in at Ruth Sybers' sale held at her local american legion hall. Ruth runs Knitter's Treat- no shop, but she is often a vendor at fiber events and holds workshops. You can bet if a big knitting name is anywhere in the Midwest, Ruth probably has them doing a workshop.
More sheep watching today. After lunch (and before ignoring the fine day and heading to the office) I took a long detour out to Rainbow Fleece Farm & Carding Co. for their spring event.
The big draw for me was not just sheep or the prospect of wool purchases. Rainbow Farms had Hazel Carter talking about wool and spinning and uses for handspun yarn. (I didn't take her photo this time - seemed too stalker-ish.) I so enjoyed talking to her! In addition to the desire to gleam as much fiber-related information as I can, I enjoy listening to her stories. From the little I've heard, she's lead a Fascinating Life. I also love her accent - she's lived in the US for a number of years, but you can still hear the British accent. She has a distinct manner of speech - like Meg Swansen. Her patterns are stories in, and of, themselves like Elizabeth Zimmermann's. I really wish she'd write a book about her life.
Of course, after being blinded by greatness in the humble form of Ms. Carter, I stumbled into here...
Pictures of what stumbled out with me to come tomorrow...
Besides work, this weekend was spent pushing to get the tax information together. Gads, I hate this time of the year - mainly because I'm too (*&^# lazy to have this stuff organized, so it takes me forever to pull all the information together and find receipts dating back to January of '07. Sigh. But I think it's done. Then again, maybe there are more receipts under that cat.
1 comment:
You take some really neat field trips. I enjoy reading your trip reports.
Post a Comment