Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shine On, Shine On Harvest Moon



I had a lovely drive home last evening. When not obscured by the clouds, moonlight beamed down on the autumnal countryside. Pictures (and words) cannot adequately describe the beauty.

Monday night was our monthly guild meeting and we were so pleased to have Vivian Hoxbro with us.



This is probably one of her most famous designs - there were a number of guild members wearing theirs Monday evening. Her presentation was an overview of her designs and we were able to try on and model samples of her designs afterwards.

I've gotten quite a bit of "mindless" knitting done. Knitting makes the local laundromat a much more tolerable place to spend a couple of hours. (Well, knitting and a Diet Coke vending machine.) Yes, it's another Farrow Rib Scarf. It's such an easy pattern; I always have one scarf in progress. I need to get a better picture that accurately reflects the gorgeous jewel tones of the colors.



The scarf is made from Classic Elite Montera. I've searched the Web to find a more accurate picture of the color, but I can't find one so it might be a discontinued color. Of course, I've lost the label.



And I know you're all wondering - "So what did Stash Haus harvest at Yarn Con? I can't believe she made me wait a whole week to find out!"

Well, the suspense ends here...


First off, there's Yarn Hollow Panda Wool - the color is Paisley. I can't believe I walked away from this vendor with only the one purchase. A nearly impossible feat. Where I summoned the strength from, I could not say. I'm still recovering from the strain of the effort.


This is Halftone Handpainted Yarns - 70% merino, 30% silk.


Next we have Paca-Peds Superwash Alpaca Sock Yarn. The color is Carribean Chocolate (hmmmmm...chocolate).


Small wonder, indeed. This is My Small Wonders Hand Painted Sock Yarn. The color is Harvest Fest.


I was SO tempted at this booth. This is Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn - the color is Summer In The City


Last, but certainly not least, we have gift enclosure cards from Franklin. Once again, my camera did not do justice to the color of the cards. They are a lovely large size with space on the back to fill out the care and washing instructions for your handknit work of art. He's currently out of stock, but keep checking back here.



Now, put down that knitting, put on a sweater, and go outside and swish through the fall leaves!

1 comment:

Probably Jane said...

You were followed home by some gorgeous things. I don't know about you, but sometimes, when a stall is covered by lovely stuff I find it so hard to choose I quite often walk away with just one thing or, horror of horrors, nothing at all!