Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hodge Podge

Knitting
Knitting on WIPs continues. I haven't had much knitting time this week and what time there was was spent on Violets By The River. For those of you who know the pattern, I'm working on the river portion. I'm hoping to not have to rip back (again) because I might not have enough yarn.

I located some misplaced patterns for other WIPs, so maybe I'll work on something other than Violets today.

Spring
This crabapple tree and lilac bush are not far from the entrance to the building where I work. They look and smell best at this time of the season.



Weather
We had some severe thunderstorms this past week that I ended up driving through. Behind me the clouds were black and a few minutes later tornado sirens sounded.



Life Before Knitting
I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch before I learned to knit. I still pick it up from time to time. Unfortunately, it's like my knitting - many works-in-progress so none get finished quickly.



Excuse the spot from the flash - but this was the best of the photos.

Mother's Day
"Spend at least one Mother's Day with your respective mothers before you decide on marriage. If a man gives his mother a gift certificate for a flu shot, dump him." -- Erma Bombeck

DH and I are splitting up to be with our respective mothers tomorrow. We had intended to be with mine for lunch and his for dinner but his family's plans had to change and there was no way for us to accommodate both families tomorrow.

I hope that those of you who are mothers have a special day tomorrow.

No comments: