No, my dears, it's that time of the year when fiber festivals are happening - and I happened upon one. OK, I must admit it wasn't as happenstance as that sounds. It wasn't a case of - Gee, I was in my car, just driving as one does in a car, and after a few hours I realized I was in Illinois and then - WOW, I saw this sign for a fiber fair!
Exchanging the chance to sleep in on a Saturday morning for the opportunity to be overcome and addled by yarn fumes, I headed to Crystal Lake, IL to meet up with Sue B at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. We spent a wonderful afternoon shopping, eating food with very little actual nutritional content, knitting, and gabbing. (I know, perfect day, right?)
In addition to vendors, they have exhibits
and also offer classes.
Oh, there was some wonderful fiber there...
Want to see for yourself? Here are some of my favorite vendors there: Knitting Notions, Briar Rose Fibers, and Brooks Farm Yarn.
The community college where the fair is held has an interesting way of keeping students informed. This was in the bathroom stall.
As I was traveling to the fair, I kept seeing what I thought were roadside memorials. (And kept thinking to myself I'd better be extremely cautious because these appeared to be very dangerous highways and intersections - I've never seen so many roadside memorials.)
I didn't realize until driving home what they were -
real estate advertising. Yeah - obviously I hadn't had enough Diet Coke at that point of the morning to get my brain fully working.
What?
You want to know what yarn just happened to fall into my bag and come home with me?
You'll have to check back - I can't put everything into one post.
1 comment:
I missed seeing you there! I must have been out shopping myself and left my daughter to run the booth! Oh, well, maybe I'll see you at Jefferson. Hope you had fun!
Post a Comment