Saturday, October 30, 2010

On The Needles

Knitting is still happening here at the Haus.

I was inspired by the Guild's speaker in October - Jared Flood.


He had knitted samples of some of his patterns. I fell in love with Wayfarer. Until I saw it in person, it wasn't really on my radar. Probably because pictures I had seen of it didn't do justice to the pattern.

I was so inspired, I'm knitting it twice in yarns of different fibers and weights.

The first is in Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb (color - Cranberry).


The second is in alpaca from Martinie's Ranch in Holland, MI


This is Summer in Kansas knitted with Wool In The Woods Ballet. I'm at the point of knitting the lace edging.



The Reflection Shawl is almost done.



The Lacy Kerchief Scarf knitted in Classic Elite Miracle is halfway done.


Progress continues on the First Socks. These are toe-up socks using Judy's Magic Cast On and Cat Bordhi's method of increasing until you're just able to cover your toes. For the remainder of the sock, I'm using Wendy Johnson's basic sock pattern with the slip stitch heel. I've started the gusset on one and am ready to start the gusset on the other.

The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. I'm using a skein for each sock. Although the dye lot is the same, the socks will end up being barely fraternal.

I'm feeling quite virtuous as the yarn for all these in-progress projects is from the stash.

I did find love elsewhere, though. This is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf made from Lang Yarns Tosca Light - bought this past spring. This is an easy pattern that is reversible, good for Company Knitting, and shows off variegated yarns.

2 comments:

A-L said...

Good to see that I'm not the only one with multiple projects on the go... Love how your Summer in Kansas looks like at this point. Great fresh colour!

Martha0051 said...

My God, I can't believe how much you're knitting! How do you find time to sleep?

My verification word is "ditsude". I presume that means the state or condition of being ditsy. I think that will be my theme today.