1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely not like? Any natural fibers that have some give or elasticity to them. I prefer not to knit with 100% cotton as it makes my hands ache.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a double sided Binder Bag from Bass Pro Shops. I love it! While it's supposed to be a tackle box, it's great for storing circular needles and all the little knitting do-dads.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I’ve been knitting since 2003. I learned by taking a class at the union of the local university. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Probably intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.
5. What’s your favorite scent? Cinnamon, vanilla, citrus scents, cedarwood, frankincense.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? The upper are sweet, the lower are salty/crunchy. Favorite candy? Milk chocolate (Kitkat, Reeses, Snickers, Lindt milk chocolate bars), Cinnamon Altoids, citrus-flavored hard candy.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Counted cross stitch. This last year I got back into it after ignoring all my projects once I started knitting. Do you spin? No. Like to watch other people spin – but I have no interest in learning and no room in my stash for unspun fiber.
8. What kind of music do you like? Most any except country western, club/rave, and heavy metal. I love Christmas music. My ipod actually has no music on it – just podcasts from the Stephanie Miller Show, “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me,” “This American Life,” and a bunch of knitting podcasts. Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand? I love autumn colors and jewel tones - brilliant, deep blues, reds, greens, golds, rich tans and browns. I’ve been told I would look good in corals and to avoid yellow and anything with too much yellow-tone to it.
10. What is your family situation? Married, no kids. Do you have any pets? Two cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes; sometimes, but I’m more of a wimple kind of gal; yes; and NO!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Scarves – because they’re easy “company knitting,” lace projects, sweaters if I don’t have to do too much math.
13. What are you knitting right now? I’ve got multiple WIPs – sweaters, scarves, hats, a pair of socks, shawls, baby sweaters.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular and I use all types to fit the yarn I’m working with. I do prefer metal and wood circulars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? I think since 2004. I had some older ones but I froggged one and got rid of the other when I moved.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas and Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. I love to travel and find yarn that is local to the area I’m visiting. Items with sheep on them.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Stitch ‘n Bitch Superstar, Heirloom Knitting Simply Stunning Collection, Poems of Color. I’m in the process of updating my queue on Ravelry to indicate which patterns I have already. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? How to adjust a pattern to fit me if it isn't in my size, better finishing techniques, entralac, Intarsia, Fair Isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, just working on my semi-first pair (first sock project was frogged.) What are your foot measurements? 12 WW.
23. When is your birthday? July 18, Nineteen Hundred and something.
24. Are you on Ravelry? Yes. If so, what’s your ID? Stashhaus.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment