Work is not often a topic on this blog - for many reasons, not the least of which is that the information which may be most interesting is usually privileged information.
Since 2002, half of my time has been spent supervising law students as they work on real cases under my supervision in a clinical program at one of the law schools in my state. The other half of my time I spent representing those too poor to afford an attorney in trial and appellate level criminal cases.
As of June 4, I will officially leave the hallowed walls of academia to return to the trenches in the front lines of criminal defense on a full time basis with a state agency.
Thus is the reason for the recent "radio silence" revealed. All (and I mean all) available time has been spent on this transition. Nothing wakes one up while driving home at 1:30 a.m. like seeing a herd of deer on the side of the road.
I did have a short "break" - our three nieces (ages 10 and 11) were with us this past holiday weekend. We did our best to return them to their parents having exposed them to different lifestyles across a wide spectrum - from lessons about our local Amish folks to gamblers (teaching them to play Texas Hold 'Em poker and Blackjack).
In the meantime, my camera is at the Fuji factory being repaired. I'm shock at how bereft I feel at the lack of a camera at hand at all times. At least the lack of a camera coincides with the complete lack of knitting time that has overtake the Haus for the last month.
I'm hoping my new position will result in more knitting time as my daily commute will be shortened by about an hour a day.
**according to this website, this is the Morse code for "help I need to knit"
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope everything works out well for you!
ROCK N' ROLL!!!
Post a Comment