Saturday, November 7, 2009

On The Grid

You gotta love technology.

I'm sitting in my mom's hospital room, blogging while she (and Dad) nap. She had knee replacement surgery yesterday and is doing well. Unfortunately she'll have to go through this all again as the other knee needs to be replaced.

Overdue thanks to my Emma, my partner in the Indied Dyed yarn swap on Ravelry. Just look at the bounty.

Package from Italy!


I can't believe how much she fit into the box -


Earrings.


Key chain and coaster.


Shawl pin


All of the above was packed into this accessory bag.


Tissue.


Notepads.


And the gorgeous yarn


And more gorgeousness!


A scarf she knit for me.


A group photo - she also included an Italian knitting magazine and a Jodi Picoult book- this will be the first I've read of her books.


On The Needles

Dragonfly by Susan Pandorf. I found Earthfaire through The Faculty Meeting Knitter. This pattern has hundreds of beads. I don't have it with me as anything beaded (especially with such small beads) is not traveling knitting.





It takes me forever to do a row, but the effect will be well worth it.

And, make sure you're all sitting down...

we have a sock. I'm following the pattern from Cat Borhi's new book, Personal Footprints for Insouciant Sock Knitters as part of a class taught by Amy Detjen.



Nothing like a sock with a steek.

Stay tuned to see how this turns out.

3 comments:

Allyn said...

You know I don't knit, but I'm starting to think about it after seeing all these awesome gifts you get from all over the place.

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing fine and I am so happy you liked what I have sent you:) Hugs Emma

-va- said...

Best to your mum! Dave's mum had her second done on Thursday. She is also doing well. Amazing really.
I have GOT to get in on a swap...trying to find the energy to do it. Got over swine flu and have ZERO motivation for anything these days!
Keep up the GREAT bloggin'!
Cheers!
-va-