Views of the town.
The nighwatchman who conducts a tour each evening.
I love the butcher shops. They sell cooked sausage - a marvelous lunch.
There are climbing roses everywhere.
One of the reasons the town survived sieges until the Thirty Years War - they had water fountains within the town walls.
Walkway on the city wall.
St. Jakob church and the Holy Blood altarpiece carved around 1500.
There's plenty of touristy shops but if that's not your inclination, they're easy to ignore. (Although one of the most fun shops is a reasonably priced toy store near St. Jakob church.) If you're staying overnight, this is a town best appreciated after the day-tourists leave.
2 comments:
I LOVED this town -- it was my first night in germany when I went years ago...yes -- the evenings were heavenly! One of my favorite memories...thanks for bringing it out again!!!
oops...that anonymous was ME!
-roni
Post a Comment