Mirabell Garden
Schloss Leopoldskron used to film the back of the Von Trapp home.
View from the luge ride as I was being pulled up the hill.
The Stiftskirche Mondsee where the wedding was filmed. According to the tour guide, the filmmakers wanted a church with steps for "Maria" to climb to show off the magnificent train of her dress.
St. Joseph's Cemetery - inspiration for the graveyard in the Abbey.
Other sites around Salzburg
Two men challenging each other in mega chess.
Part of the trick water gardens at Hellbrunn Castle.
The Lake District.
St. Joseph's.
I had a bit of time on my own as I did our laundry while everyone else toured the castle in Salzburg. (I didn't mind as I had seen it 3 years ago.) To pass the time while waiting for the family, I explored the area near our B&B. While driving through a small village (it was either Glanegg or Grodig) I saw this sign.
While driving by.
Traveling 35 kph.
The Yarn Mojo can be quite strong.
This shop carried upholstrey, decorative fabrics, knick knacks, and yarn.
I bought 2 skeins of sock yarn.
Because you really should support your (temporarily) local yarn shop.
1 comment:
Excellent! I was in a small shop across the river, cant remember the name...it was next to a music store where I bought flute music...but no woll, can you believe?!?
Your photos bring back great memories...I've GOT to get back!
Post a Comment