Sunday, April 10, 2011

In My Knitting Bag

Part of yesterday was spent with a fine group of ladies, knitting, chatting, and eating. I always feel revitalized after going to certain knitting groups, and this is one of those groups.

While there, I took photos of all the projects in my bag.

First up is the pair of socks. I have to admit, I haven't worked on them lately. The yarn is Socks That Rock, pattern is Ann Norling Adult Socks II: Play on Ribs.



Next up is the Lacy Kerchief Scarf and the yarn is Classic Elite Yarns Miracle.



Summer In Kansas in Wool in the Woods Ballet.




The edging is taking me forever. When there are directions that say "join on each of the following rows: Rows (2,6,10,4,8) twice, then (2,4,6,8,10) 36x, (4,8,2,6,10) twice, 4,8 (this should be the center stitch)"... OK, so I know I would forever be ripping out and starting over unless I was able to write this all out. The circled numbers are the rows to join on. So far, this system seems to be working with a minimum of tinking back.



Steam in Malabrigo Worsted.



Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in Mochi Plus.



Crocus Cardigan in Lanett Superwash.



Lifted Stitch Scarf in Misty Alpaca Sock Yarn.


Arabesque Stole in Wollmeise lace.



I think I'm going to rip this back because I'm worried about how much I'll have to stretch this out when blocking in order to showcase the pattern. I think I need to go up a needle size or two.

The Crocus Cardigan is probably the oldest UFO I've got at this point. I can't even remember when I cast this on. It's definitely been at least 2-3 years ago. The next oldest is the Kerchief Scarf. If I don't finish it by the end of July, it will be a year old. But I really want to finish up the socks so that I can start another pair - this time from the toe up.

For gratuitous cat photos, I found some photos of the cats taken shortly after we arrived home with our little orphans.





You can see why my SIL called the calico cat "Ugg." And this was an improvement from when we first got her.

1 comment:

-va- said...

omg...I would hate to put myself out there like this...I probably have projects older than that cardi...I'm trying to do something about that though...

Love to you my friend!
You have become an AMAZING knitter!