Monday, February 2, 2009

Not Your Average Bedtime Reading

I forget where I saw this - but the rules are:

Grab the book nearest you. Right now! Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST!

Turn to page 56.

Find the fifth sentence.

Post that sentence in your own blog, along with these instructions, or post that sentence as a comment on this post.

Here's mine - try not to fall asleep.

In counties having a population of at least 100,000 but not more than 500,000, the county board may create a circuit court commissioner position to supervise the office of probate court commissioner and to assist in probate matters.

The spine-tingling page-turner this quote is from is the Wisconsin Statutes and Annotations 2007-2008, Volume 5, Chapters 707 to 995, Appendix, Supreme Court Rules, Index. The specific citation would be sec. 757.68(4m), Wis. Stats.

Imagine reading books like this all day - makes one think a root canal or an IRS audit might be more pleasant alternative.

4 comments:

Joan said...

"Nell, for her part, didn't seem bothered a whit." The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. I feel so... frivolous!

Anonymous said...

5. Bitte, richten Sie Ihr Interesse/Ihr_____________besonders auf diesen Punkt.

yes, really....I am working on polishing up my german language skills.

Its from "Wörter zur Wahl" Now I have to figure out what word goes in the blank...

Cheers!
-va-

Ginger Lucy said...

"Just for the record, the weather today is partly suspicious with chances of betrayal." Diary by Chuck Palahniuk

An admission: I did this on Facebook not long ago, and whilst it's no longer in all honesty the closest book to me, I can't be bothered to look around for what is, so you get what it was then.

Anonymous said...

"The development of genetic tests for autism will be extremely controversial." Thinking in Pictures, by Temple Grandin. An awesome book.