I wasn't really looking for a "new" vehicle. DH and I had been debating whether my car could/would make it through the winter vs whether we wanted a monthly car payment (even though the rate for an auto loan through our credit union was very low). Then, DH was looking at Craigslist and found a Camry Hybrid, 2008, 49,000 miles, and with every bell and whistle you can imagine. (All the bells and whistles he would never agree to adding on if we were buying a new car.) He found it on the 15th. The owner was moving 1,500 miles away on the 20th. We met the owner in Clinton, IA on the 18th, drove the car, had it inspected at the local Toyota dealer, and closed the deal. It's enough to make my head spin.
There are a couple of advantages to this car for knitters. First, the light from the dashboard is bright enough that it will backlight one's knitting when traveling after dark. I'll let you know once I've had a chance to test that theory.
See? The dashboard's so bright, I have to wear shades.
The other bell and whistle that I love, love, love is the seat warmer. Holy heat, Batman! How the heck did I survive upper midwest winters all these years without this feature?! (Especially when I hate wearing a coat in the car for any trip longer than 10 minutes.) For the knitter, if your fingers are cold, sit on them for a bit while the seat warmer is on - nice warm fingers for knitting. While I'm sure it's gotten old for DH, I haven't tired of calling him from the car when I'm leaving work, telling him that I may be freezing, but my buns are toasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment