Saturday, January 3, 2009

Knit On

I hope you all had wonderful holidays. For us, it was a haze of eating (too much) good food, playing games, bowling, shoveling snow, opening gifts, and nursing a bad cold.

DH asked me for a wish list. The in-laws draw names and have a limit of $30, so I thought the request of a list was from the person who drew my name. Nope - just DH taking the easy way out for shopping. If I'd known that, there would have been many more books on the list - like some Japanese knitting pattern books!

DH could not figure out (even after having it explained to him) why I'd want the Teleidoscope. Some things are just beyond the understanding of a non-knitter.



Also on my list were a few books from Persephone Books. He bought me this one, which I've already read. They sent a catalogue and I've marked nearly each one of the 81 books a number of them for future purchase. How I would love to visit at their bookshop!

I had a brief crisis - I ended up at my parents' home with no knitting! We had been on the road about 45 minutes and were stopped at a gas station when we discovered I had left my knitting bag at the in-laws. I wanted to turn around (and if I'd been alone I would have). DH refused to turn back but I was the person driving so a bargain was struck and the next morning I headed to the LYS in the town where my folks live and bought yarn for another Noro Scarf.

I really need to put some emergency yarn, pattern and needles in the trunk. How many of you keep a knitting project in the car so that you are never without a project to knit?

So I now have 2 Noro scarves on the needles.




One is already promised to a nephew.

I also casted on for Jared Flood's Girasole. Now, this will shock you, but I'm actually using yarn from the stash for Girasole. I making the large (blanket) size.I'm a little bit further along since this picture was taken.



I'm using Cascade 220 Heathers and am loving how it's turning out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kate--I keep a set of double-points in my car just for emergencies. When I was explaining this to a friend who was asking why I had the skewers, I got a very odd look. It's so comforting, having friends who understand.

I'm thinking of casting on Girasole myself, in some buffalo from the stash.

Isn't Persephone wonderful? I'm wondering how they've managed to hide from us all this time. I haven't read that particular one yet; I'll have to put it on my library list.

I had a nice afternoon with Martha in Columbus the other day, shopping and lunching. Wish you could have been there with us.

Ginger Lucy said...

Hadn't heard of the teleidoscope but it looks like great fun! Good luck with Girasole, I'm too scared to even think about it...