If you could only knit with one brand of yarn for the rest of the year, what would it be and why?
My gosh, you might as well ask "Which of your children is your favorite child?" or "When did you stop beating your spouse?" or some other question which is equally as impossible to answer.
I don't enjoy contemplating questions which start, "If you were on a deserted island..." mainly because I know I am a fickle, fickle person. I know that if I would be limited to one thing, the thing I love most would soon become what I detest most.
I can't even travel for a weekend without carrying along more projects than I could finish if I did nothing but knit for 3 weeks straight - because you never know when you might end up on that deserted island.
Well...
There's Cascade 220, which is the workhorse of the knitting world, I think. Good for many projects (sweaters, scarves, hats, mittens, bags, maybe even socks for wearing around the house) - soft enough for garments yet can also be felted.
But I might have to choose a brand of lace weight - at least large lace projects would take most of the year to complete. (Ooooh! Have you seen Mountain Colors Winter Lace? Fab-u-lous!)
Then again - if somebody else were paying for the year, I'd choose buffalo, or cashmere, or quivet! Some luxury yarn that has a price per skein which makes knitting a simple long scarf extremely cost prohibitive.
See?
Fickle, fickle, fickle.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my god, I couldn't even begin to decide...
You just HAD to mention the Mountain Colors Winter Lace, didn't you? I wasn't aware of its existence, now it's another needful thing.
Post a Comment