Monday, January 5, 2009

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Such were the exclamations emanating from the Haus this afternoon.

It's not often that the mail is greeted with such enthusiasm here. Maybe post office delivery people should carry the same gadget as did the policeman in victorian times. Today was out of the ordinary - with the arrival of an extraordinary package from my angel (mommabear6976 for those of you on Ravelry) for the Ravelry Swap On A Budget.

The box had this message.



Holiday ribbon as a packing material.







The colors in this skein are fantastic.







(Click to see the beads in better detail.)









Unpacked, the goodies took up one end of the sofa! I think Mommabear went over budget on this box - I can't believe how much she fit in it. At last count,* there are 2 patterns from my queue in Ravelry, a skein of hand-dyed (by her!) laceweight merino, 2 skeins of Patons' Classic Merino (which are destined to be a sweater for my soon-to-arrive nephew), stitch markers (made by her!), bath salts, a journal, and an abundance of chocolate - hot chocolate and snacking chocolate. Plus, Mommabear included 3 recipes - Buffalo Chicken Dip, Dump Cake, and the last for Rich Hot Cocoa with three variations of peppermint, vanilla, and cinnamon.



I'm still in shock.

Did you know if one has no smelling salts on hand one may substitute the fondling of merino as an effective therapy?



* I'm a bit overwhelmed, so it may not be an accurate accounting of the contents.

No comments: